Thursday, May 11, 2006

Egg Sandwich, Re-Vamped

You know how I've been complaining about a lack of interesting breakfast ideas? I accidentally came up with a good one today.

I was planning on making turkey bacon, toast,eggs, and guzzling down a glass of orange juice. But I realized that I was short on time and would have to figure out how to take everything to-go, so I turned my breakfast into an egg sandwich. The problem was, I reeeeeeeeally wanted that orange juice, and since I don't have cup-holders in my car I was forced to get creative. Last week at a rehearsal for an extremely sexy Bulgarian women's choir, one of the girls brought coffee in a jar. I was floored by this simple innovation -- It was a jar!! With a lid!! No more coffee spills from supposedly spill-proof mugs! No more stale coffee smells permeating my car! No more showing up at work with coffee stains on my pants! Brilliant!

And so I was inspired to take my orange juice in a jar (with a lid!!!). I looked around my kitchen for a mostly-empty jar, and happened upon a jar of olive tapenade. Tapenade on my egg sandwhich? Sounds tasty! Next to the tapenade, there was a small bag of neglected onion sprouts, which also sounded tasty.

And so my re-vamped egg sandwich was born:
-2 slices multi-grain toast
-2 slices lean turkey bacon, fried
-2 eggs, any way you like 'em
-onion sprouts
-the rest of the tapenade in the jar

Ta-da!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back from vacation. I miss you two.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the true definition of a cook is creativity--the Yankee kind especially--where you "make do" w/whatever is available!! (We transplanted Yankees have to stick together!!) Or to use an old cliche...necessity is the mother of invention.

BTW, I am not sure what variety of turkey bacon you were referring to, but have you tried the super low fat turkey bacon at TJ's? It is really good.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home