Wednesday, November 23, 2005

My Thanksgiving Menu (Maybe)

This year for Thanksgiving, my crew is dropping its pants in the face of tradition and wiggling its behind at it mockingly. After a No-Turkey decree was issued by my significant other this year, I was forced to build my dinner around another dead animal. I chose lamb because it's a meat I don't work with very often, so it feels festive. Oh, and as usual, we'll be cooking on Friday instead of Thursday. This enables us to hit another dinner on Thursday. Hee hee.

My tentative menu is as follows:

-Roasted tomatoes, swimming in olive oil and garlick and herbs, with a nice baguette
-Stripey melons wrapped in prosciutto
-Roasted lamb with pomegranate glaze
-Creamy Stilton mashed potatoes
-Roasted carrots
-Fatush salad
-Pear/hazelnut cobbler
-Vanilla ice cream

We have a whole wine-rack full of bottles we've picked up over the last year, and we'll definitely bust some open for this dinner. I'll post the good ones this weekend, as well as pictures of dinner.

As I said, this is a tentative menu. I try not to plan too hard for these things because when it comes to cooking, I'm more interested in the creative process. That's why I rarely make anything more than once. We'll see how much of the stuff on this menu actually comes to fruition...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading your menu and desiring to eat Thanksgiving 365 days a year, which would make me a Roman living in Ancient Rome, I had a thought. It is very fortunate that you two are associated with geneticly thin partners.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious!! :) I need to explore pomegranates more...

---s

9:01 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Sounds good. I see you're honoring the tradition of when Squanto first showed the white man how to preserve his fancy Harrod's-bought Stilton and-- WHAT? ROASTED TOMATOES? Where are you getting the tomatoes from, R? No, NO, I DON'T think you're having ROASTED TOMATOES!

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home