Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Amity this post is for you.


Purple Cauliflower. It’s about as wild as you get in the vegetable world. Apparently, it retains its color when you cook it, unless it is overcooked, in which case it turns green. I roasted it like I do its goodie two-shoed sibling the white one. The results tasted similar. Yet, I would have to say the purple was a bit milder, dare I say tamer. You know what they say about the quiet ones.

Here’s the rough recipe for roasted cauliflower:
1 medium sized head of cauliflower
4-5 cloves of garlic
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Salt/Pepper to taste (I have a seasoned pepper blend, I like to use here)

Cut cauliflower up into similar sized florets; mix in bowl with olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Place mix on cookie sheet. Roast oven ~375 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. I usually take it out turn them once. They should have that nice golden brown color on their edges.

4 Comments:

Blogger amt r said...

Thanks my dear. I tried to fake it on my own, but it wasn't as good!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Eti said...

Um, you guys are still talking about food, right?

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a quick question.

I may have a small crush on one of you, is that weird and if so what should I do?

Second question. Are any of you single?

Third question. never mind, I dont have a third question.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Myasorubka said...

Hello, my little anonymous friend. You wanna know what really turns us on? Posting recipes. Oh yeah....that's hot. Do you have any recommendations for what to cook with leftover expensive pumpkin seed oil? If you do, we promise we will build a shrine to you in our kitchens. We'll even call you "the Punkin Pimp". Whaddya say?

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home